Own the awkward conversation

The thing you're dreading is the thing.

"A person's success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have." — Tim Ferriss

There's a conversation you've been managing around for weeks.

You reroute meetings to avoid it. You draft messages you never send.

I do it too. Thursday afternoon I finally had the one I'd dodged for a month.

It took eleven minutes. Eleven. After weeks of dread.

The avoidance cost more than the conversation ever could.

Discomfort isn't the enemy. It's usually the toll on the road to anything worth reaching.

What if the exact thing you're avoiding is the exact thing that would set you free?

















Advertisement: I would like to buy your property or small business.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't adopt anxiety

An under-rated skill: Help seeking behavior

A lie defined